About that Google Age Verification Email
I had almost forgotten about this but a few weeks ago someone contacted me via Apple’s iMessage (for which I use my gmail address as a contact) and claimed that this was an email address belonging to his daughter. At first I felt bad. Some dad was trying to get in touch with a daughter that he hasn’t seen in a while due to custody issues or something. He sent pictures of puppies! My creys.
Then it got weird.
I told him that I’ve had this address for many many years but he did not believe me and said he was going to contact Google. It was nuts, so I of course thought it would blow over. Apparently not.
But here’s where I’m at: how you gonna create an email address for a child using their full fucking name? Also, if your child is not allowed to speak to you for whatever reason (court, mom hates you) then why are you forcing them to? If she is indeed under 13, that’s a fucked up position to be in.
So here I am, in jeopardy of having my 8 year old email account deleted and thrust into some clearly fucked up family situation by some man who doesn’t quite understand how the internet works.
I mean what the fuck do I look like going to get a one sentence letter notarized?
26 Notes/ Hide
- eyeheartriply reblogged this from kiamatthews and added:
- eyeheartriply likes this
- nailtipflips likes this
- whatswithtodaytoday likes this
- tragical likes this
- ajedak likes this
- pasky likes this
- davidkendall said: It could also be someone trying to hack your account. (You made the mistake of giving them your address first.) Email Google, letter, and phone them. Send a copy of these pix. Lot of scammers out there.
- year36 said: Creepy
- sequinsandsideeye likes this
- ro-s-aspa-rks said: You need to notarize this is your email and have back up, like financial back up, showing it’s your email. This is some funky shit going on with a dad and his daughter.
- ro-s-aspa-rks likes this
- thehauntedbutt likes this
- watchtheblog likes this
- suitep likes this
- rycbar--123 likes this
- styro said: your bank will notarize a letter. i had to have one notarized saying my dog ate my passport once, for real. That shit is dumb, that some stranger asshole can report you for using your own email address. Goddamn.
- misanthropologie said: does your workplace have anyone who is a notary public?
- whydoihaveablog likes this
- tehvalerie said: The “old enough to decide” thing makes me wonder if this is a birthfather whose kid was given up for adoption against his will. Either way, super creepy and a giant pain in the ass.
- apoplecticskeptic said: holy shit.
- iamsosorry likes this
- filleasiatique likes this
- maygen likes this
- callmejessca likes this
- kiamatthews posted this